The 2015 Annual Conference will be held February 23-26 at the Omni Colonnade Hotel in San Antonio. For more information, check our Annual Conference page.
Issue 3 - January 7, 2010
Happy new year and welcome back from the break! We are busy finalizing details for the TSPRA Annual Conference, which promises to be the best ever! I ask each of you to please finalize details on your February calendars so that you can come to Austin on February 22-24.
We are incorporating some of the innovations from recent years, such as the BiStro Sessions, the superintendents' panel and a designated time for regional meetings. We are also continuing many features that have become standards of the TSPRA Conference, including Rookie Boot Camp, dozens of roundtables, the Star Awards Celebration, APR training and first-class presenters throughout the three days.
We are also trying some new things at this year's conference. We've expanded our Boot Camp offerings to include a workshop for electronic media production (EMP) members, and will conduct an EMP "Show & Tell" for our members to show their best video work, receive critiques and collect new ideas to take home. For our education foundation (EF) members, we've added a certification training, a directors' panel and an extended Power Session. And we're pairing our new member get-together with our past presidents' gathering.
Assistant Superintendent of Information, Communications and Student Services
Hays CISD: A Place Where Ideas Grow
(512) 268-2141 x6090
- Which days/sessions should I attend; is the third day for EF folks?
All members should plan on attending all three days, Monday-Wednesday, February 22-24. While in previous years the third conference day has been set aside for Education Foundation members, based on past feedback, we've incorporated our EF sessions and workshops across all three days so that each day has something to offer everyone. So, no, the third day is not just for EF folks. Now, we will offer a few pre-conference workshops specific to certain specialties; these are not required and are an additional cost for those who choose to attend:
- Rookie Boot Camp (Monday, 8:00-10:45 a.m.)
- EMP Boot Camp (Monday, 8:00-10:45 a.m.)
- APR Training Class (Monday, 8:30-11:30 a.m.)
- Ed Foundation Certification Training (8:30-11:30 a.m.)
- New Member/Past Presidents Gathering (9:30-11:30 a.m.)
- Should I plan to arrive on Sunday or Monday?
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE GENERAL CONFERENCE DOESN NOT BEGIN UNTIL 11:45 A.M. ON MONDAY. That means that most members, unless they choose otherwise, can travel in Monday morning, rather than Sunday evening.
- Where can I find a schedule events/panels?
In place of last year's brochure, we've created a downloadable PDF on our Conference page featuring a color-coded chart of all events and panels over three days. You will receive a more detailed schedule in your Conference program upon checking in at the hotel.
- How can I check to make sure I've registered?
After logging in to the TSPRA website (the top, right-hand corner of the page with say "Hi, [Your Name]" when you're logged in), click on the blue Membership tab at the top of the page. Then hover over the first option Member Area, and mouse over to the pop up menu and click Invoices. If you have successfully registered, you will see an invoice for your Conference registration.
- What if I need to register multiple people?
Because TSPRA's is a secure website, registration can get messy when one person tries to log in using different members' login information to register them. If the members in your district are unable to register themselves, we recommend that one person in the district become a district manager's assistant (DMA). Even if this person is not a TSPRA member, this will provide the DMA with their own login and the ability to manage all district members' membership, registration and product purchase from one place.
- Why didn't my invoice print after I clicked "Submit and Print?"
Because different computers and Web browsers format pages differently, we wanted to prevent your invoices from becoming a jumbled mess when trying to print. So we've instead converted your registration page to a PDF file to keep the formatting exactly the same. This means that after hitting "Submit and Print," a pop up should come up asking if you want to save or open your PDF file. However, this often gets blocked by pop up blockers.
So if you don't see your invoice PDF come up, just go to the Membership tab at the top of the page, hover over the first option Member Area, then mouse over to the pop up menu and click Invoices. If you have successfully registered, you will see an invoice for your Conference registration. You can print a copy from there.
And remember that to receive the early registration rate, you must submit your online registration by midnight on Monday, January 11th.
Show us your good-looking mug!
Upload your profile picture to the TSPRA website TODAY! Especially in the weeks prior to the Annual Conference, we want to make sure it's as easy as possible for conference-goers and new members to match names with faces.
To upload or change your TSPRA profile picture, go to www.tspra.org and login using your email address and password. Then follow these steps:
- Go to the blue Membership tab at the top of the page
- Hover over the first option Membership Area (if you don't see this, check to make sure you're logged in, which you will be if it says "Hi, [Your Name]" in the top, right-hand corner of the page)
- Mouse over the pop up and click on the Profile option
- You should see a grey page that says Announcement!; under that paragraph you should see two grey boxes that say Edit and Connections
- Hover over the Edit box on the left and click on Update Your Image
- Picture dimensions are listed under Submit a New Image for Download; click under the Browse button under that heading
- Select the picture you'd like to use from the place you've saved it on your computer and click Open
- Click the blue Upload button next to the Browse button to finalize your photo selection
Congratulations to Ana Prado (United ISD), who won a free ticket to the Star Award Celebration. One person per week through the end of February will be chosen at random to receive a free ticket. But you must read the newsletter to be entered!